Tuesday 15 October 2013

I'm sorry............



Sorry it has been a while, life, work, kids, school holidays, hay fever, and I haven't been too well. I am currently laid up at home again, with this blasted back. Between you and me I am pretty much over it. Someone shoot me now, they would have years ago if I was a horse.

So between doctors and physio, and calls back and forth to work, sleeping, heat packs, reading, and watching dvd's and needing hubby to help me dress/shower, I am doing just dandy.


Jen has been amazing as always. Picking up our boys from school, making me cups of tea. Not saying a thing about the fact that I need a shower desperately. And boy did I. It was the best shower in ages, apart from the fact I couldn't wash from the waist down, but just to feel clean again. LOVELY. 

Child 1 is doing child care at TAFE College, and decides that last night would be a great time to practice on her brothers and her mother, that's me, a few of her new learned knowledge. Problem was no one cared for it. Not one bit. 

1. Yesterday was day one back at school. Both boys tried, hungry, and worn out.

2. Instead of coming home and relaxing, they had no choice but to accompany dad and I to the doctors. I can't drive. Because Child 1 missed her bus home, and would be late, the boys had no choice but to suck it up and deal with it.

3. So after the doctors, hubby said we really need to grab a few things, we have no food. Well I was planing a big shop on Sunday, but Sunday I couldn't move without making pathetic ouchie noises.

So  with 2 over tired, extremely hungry boys, and a mother who now was in A LOT of PAIN, and very short tempered, and a Dad who was trying to feed himself and us, and get himself to work, things between 6-8pm around here got really stressful.



Child 1 decided that the boys needed to do things, job things, like vac, and sweep. I just wanted everyone to shut up and get ready for bed, and have a cup of tea. 

Child 1 spoke to everyone like we were 3. The youngest was getting pissed off, and going off, and this in turn was stressing me out, and the things I needed for them to do conflicted with Miss new age teacher. 

I needed, teeth brushed, school bags on bench, lunch boxes sorted, school notes handed over, homework if any done, thankfully they didn't have any. Then chill out watch ONCE UPON A TIME, BED.


But Miss Pants had a bee in her bonnet, she had and I am really grateful, washed the dishes, and did 2 loads of laundry. Mopped the floors, and was not feeling well herself. She gets cysts often, and she was a bit off from it, but that didn't stop her from correcting my parenting, and busy bothering her siblings.


She failed to discuss that this was a homework assignment she needed to do, and she failed to think that her timing may have been really off. After all a 7 and 10 year old, had just spent an hour in a doctors surgery  then had to help shop, and help mum about the shop as she was utterly slow and useless  but hubby did his best running about grabbing what he thought we needed and what he thought he can manage cooking. So we will be having  A LOT of oven ready meals.


So the end result was Me going off, and the boys getting whip lash from my instructions and hers. They ended up going to bed late, as no one was ready at 8:30 pm, and I was ready to, if I could have, give her a swift kick up the bum for treating me like a child. 


I may not be able to function at the moment , but when I am functioning  this house sings, and she is the last person to be giving me household advice, or parenting advice.



Once everything settled down, and I had made my own bloody cup of tea, I was able to understand what she was doing. Shaking my head I  almost cried. Have this generation completely lost their common sense?

I gave her a heads up, next time, discuss what you need to do with mum and dad first. Then wait for us to give you the green light for your child hood experiments.


What she forgets is she is away with friends and boyfriend, often. All weekend, the boys have helped their dad look after me. They do jobs all the time. It is her who pulls her weight  at random intervals. So it was really pissing me off, this high and mighty, quiet, patronising voice,  belittling everyone, just like my school teacher sister always does. We hate it from her, so why would we accept  from our daughter/sister??



Anyway, I have also decided to never PLAN A DATE again.

This weekend marks the anniversary of when Hubby asked me out. 27 years ago that was. So I thought we could escape to the movies and have a dinner/lunch, I really didn't care which, and go see the new romantic comedy "ABOUT TIME".


First sign that this was not going to happen was that child 1 had made plans to go away that weekend. So she couldn't babysit.

Then I go do my back at work. Many thanks to the hostile customer who probably helped push me over the edge. So no one is going anywhere.

This happened the last time a date was planned. We still have free movie tickets to use. That was back in APRIL. Yep we still haven't had a date. We can't catch a brake.



So I will just have to be spontaneous, and use a code word for date, as my bones seem to like to screw around with me, and sweep me off my feet  in not the same way I'd imagined it.



Take care, stay safe, be happy. 





2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you have hurt your back. I am afraid I have been a little awol with my blogging.
    As fr your young lady, she will learn. Might take her having her own family but one ay she will realise that book learning isnt always the only way to look at things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do need a new one, or an upgrade on my body. lol I think yes, it will all change when she has her own kids. We all are experts until we have our own. Children do not always follow the text books. Well mine certainly didn't, and I have had to learn and adjust to each one of them as they are all different from each other. Maybe that is grandparents reward?? lol

      Delete