Tuesday 17 September 2013

Happy Birthday.........


Well another year has past, and it's just occurred to me that I have been blogging for just over a year now. Wow, time flies.


This birthday was much nicer than the last few, I have been completely spoilt, and hubby has gone out of his way to make me feel very loved, and special, which I just can not get enough of.

He can sweet talk me till the cows come home, I will never get enough of it.

It is amazing how just a simple word, or hug can change everything. Well it does for me.

After getting over my bad mood due to the parking ticket, which I must say only lasted a few hours. I looked ahead to what was really important, and that was my family. Without them I really am just Criss. Strip that away and all I have is me, just me. Not someone's mum, wife, friend, lover, sister, worker.....just Criss. I think I'd be less whole some how, less Criss, for without all these important people in my life, life would really suck.

So with this in mind I decided to do away with the money stress head Criss, and just focus on accepting the good, and going with the flow. No taking control, no fussing to a plan, just letting go and letting the wind blow me away. It was/is just magic.








Sunday, hubby and the kids took me shopping to buy my new Samsung Galaxy 8 inch Tablet. I was terrified of it. But just 2 days in I am already finding my way around, and have added apps, and Facebook, Words with Friends, and my emails, and just now Skype. The GPS on it is a bit silly. The darn thing keeps telling me I am about 4 suburbs away, and that is kinda driving this Virgo a bit nuts, but not in a bad way, just in a "I have no idea how to make this stop?' way. 


My actual Birthday was Monday, and I went to work determined not to let a bloody thing rattle me, and I kept that promise to myself. It was a pretty good day, despite the short staffing issues.

Then my bestie popped in and shared some tea and treats, and bought me 2 new wheat pillows for my back. Scented ones, and I have not stopped using them. She also donated her rug has she was updating hers, and it looks great in our TV room.


My sisters gave me perfume and a scented candle, I love candles, along with some pretty sweet cards. The kids made me a card as the shopping for the card wires got crossed so it was last minute throw it together, but I loved it all the same.


And Hubby bought home a Cheese cake Shop Black Forest Cake.....and proudly lit the candles..........



As you can see, I am doing bloody well for my age! Always the shit stirrer. Oh and this was taken with my new tablet...proud of me much?? 

Hubby also has been particularly sweet, and loving. Telling me things that I really should have be hearing months ago. Things that just set my heart at ease, and reminded me that all is OK, and as for today, well let's just say the kids where all at school, and we both had the day off work...... I am still smiling.




So I best acknowledge this past year on my blog and send a huge THANK YOU to all you lovely people who take the time to stop by and read about my crazy family, and put up with the rantings of a mad woman. You may not realise just how nice it is, and how important it has become to me, to have this outlet to vent my joys, fears, and extreme madness. You guys help keep me together, so THANK YOU.




I may be another year older, but I am still learning much about life. With all the madness that lays outside the doorstep, never let it make you forget the important things in life. 

LOVE

4 comments:

  1. A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Criss, and may you enjoy many more. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Thank you for the birthday wishes. Turning 44 hasn't been too bad. I actually don't feel any different from 43! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. A year already? Wow that went by fast.
    Happy happy birthday lovely lady (I know I have already told you on FB)
    So happy things are happy at home and you are smiling again

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and things have been a bit better. Definitely improving. I just have to remember to keep in mind that most the time the problem has nothing to do with me. As much as that can be very frustrating. I am grateful, that I am fortunate to have a good family, and a good marriage. I am feeling very blessed.

      Delete