Wednesday 24 July 2013

My flowers.......


Last night at around 11 pm I decided to bake a cake. Banana cake. Without a cake mix. Just out of my head. The kitchen smelled amazing, but alas I must have got the measurements wrong, and the cake remained gooey and sticky in the middle so it went to die in the bin. BANG...I am sure I could have killed someone with the weight of that thing!

But I didn't give up, with the help of goggle, I found a good recipe, and back to work I went. 

I wasn't going to be sleeping any time soon, so what the hell! I was not going to let that cake beat me.

I would have added a picture, but between the kids and a lovely morning tea with a lovely artist this morning, more of that later, it is all gone. It was OK, the cake that is, not the artist, but not one of my best. 


Yesterday I vented over my relationship, and it did make me feel better, but I also realised that it wasn't really going to fix anything unless I actually communicated my feelings to the person who needed to hear it. HUBBY.

I was straight to the point, and did not mince my meaning or words. There was no way he would not understand what I was feeling, needing, and wanting.

So last night, while I sat up waiting for what seemed a life time for the cake to cook, Hubby came home from work and without gushy fan fair thrust these flowers at me. I could see he was amused, as I teased him about getting the shop flowers they were throwing out. Freebies, but who cares, he actually picked some up, and thought of me. 

Now this takes flowers from hubby, in our 26 years together to 4. I don't need flowers, or rings, or dinners out. I am not that kind of woman. I am pretty low maintenance, compared to my peers. But I was chuffed, he actually considered this gesture, and aren't they just pretty.


Then this morning, when I was just about to leave for my morning tea date with the lovely Mynx. A date fixed weeks ago. Hubby rises from his slumber, and was planing to hang out with me. Well I had asked for more 'US' time.

AWESOME....But I had plans, and she was expecting me, and besides he needed to sleep!

So I went, had a lovely time. Female bonding is always good for the soul. Was introduced to Victorian donuts, and got to see the lovely art work up close and personal. They always look better in real life. She is one talented, and wise woman. 

I wasn't gone long, as Mynx had to go to work, but he waited up for me, and we chatted the rest of the day.  We had lunch together, and it was really nice. But alas no afternoon delight, but I can see he is trying to give me balance.

Timing out, but definitely nice. We laughed a lot today. That is always good.

I felt sorry for him as he left for work tonight. I could see how dog tired he was from lack of sleep. I understand it too, I have done the same thing for him too. Staying up later than I should just to spend time with him. I wish he had rested while I was out though. Miss worry wart again.

Routine. Balance. Connection. Communication. I think we are headed in the right direct at least. 


Feeling much better, I had a burst of cleaning tonight, and tidied up the boys room, and threw on an extra blanket on the bed...bloody freezing at the moment here. Then I gave Miss no option but to clean her room. 40 mins later, with some mummy love, and direction she now has a clean functioning room. Honestly people with A.D.H.D get way to distracted to stay on task at anything. She was just flinting to this and that, and shuffling things about but not actually sorting it out, well not from what anyone from the outside looking in could see anyway. She states things differently, but the results speak for themselves. But it is clean now, and that should make hubby very happy. I am happy. I hated walking past that room each day.


So hubby has the night off work tomorrow. I am now at the start of my big week, so no more super late nights for me. So maybe we may just get an early night together? I am hoping, we will see, wont count my chickens just yet. For now I know that he knows, and he is making a huge effort to re-connect with me.  

So we will just wait and see what happens next?



4 comments:

  1. I love Blue Iris and these as so pretty.
    Our coffee morning was awesome and I really hope we do it again soon

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have photographed your flowers in someone else's home because you always tell us how cluttered yours is.........JUST KIDDING!

    "Iris eyes are smiling".......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha , recently cleared, but if you look closely you will see the flowers are carefully covering the clutter of modelling paints, and kits on the table. ^_^ Careful photography.

      Delete