Thursday 13 June 2013

Feeling tired......................



First day back at work in almost 8 weeks........YAY ME! Still can't put on my socks and shoes, but I am back at work, and back to earning a living. Now project pay off the credit card!

Half way through my shift, which was going rather well considering, I get a call from school telling me child 3 had fell over in dance class and had badly hit his head!

JOY! 

I got them to call Hubby, as he could get to him faster, and he was home. Well asleep, but at home less than 5 mins away. I suggested she make the phone keep ringing, and he should wake up to answer it, if not buzz me back. I didn't think asking to go home early on my first day back would go down well. Best not push it!

After stressing for the next half hour, I started to relax thinking that Hubby must have picked up. That just left me planning what to do when I got home. I wanted to just come home heat my wheat bag, and fall into bed. Well I knew now that was not going to happen!

I drove home thinking we'd need to take him to the doctors as school had said it was bad. So bad that popping ice on it would not do. He had to go home. It was swelling, and blood vessels were appearing. He may suffer concussion! All I could think was "HOW HARD DID HE FALL!" He has a very hard head!


I get home and find Child 3 chatting away, with Hubby looking like death warmed up, but Child 3 was totally NORMAL. He doesn't even have a bump now! Hubby said there was a small rise, but I can't even find it now. HEALED and utterly FINE!  He has not SHUT-UP since I walked through the door. 

Hubby has gone back to bed,(That is exactly where I was going, or so I had thought at 10.30 am this morning) as he hasn't had enough sleep and needs to work tonight. So I am manning up, and holding the fort.

Child 2 is hiding out in his room as watching Terminator again (Child 3's new obsession) may just put him in a coma, best not risk it. Mind you the blow by blow commentary is really doing my head in! Child 2 is chilling to my mediation CD, and drawing. I may go join him! He tells me it relaxes him. Squiggy, the cat, seems to like it too. Must be all those rain forest sounds. He keeps looking around the room for birds.

I am glad to be home and sitting down. I am happy I made it through my day without sitting down. I really wasn't sure I was going to be able to last. Thank goodness for these new drugs. 

(I can so relate to this. It  has nothing to do with what I am on about today, but it is so true.............)

Dinner is on, nothing flash, snags and corn cobs, roast potatoes  and mix veggies, and then I just have to chill till bed. YAY! 




I think I need to borrow this cats box! I have been talking to people all day, and now I am home, and the kids are for some reason so chatty. I just want to shut off the world and just re-charge.

They are hungry. Dinner is late, as I wasn't planning on cooking. Hubby would have, but he needed to sleep as we have KIDS, and they like to randomly trip over their legs,and change up your plans..... Well you wouldn't want life to get boring now would you? 


At least we don't need to see the doctor. I have seen quite enough of him for some time! 


Wish me luck for tomorrow where I get to do it all again. I am actually already looking forward to SUNDAY! That is my day off. Is that bad? 8 weeks off and I feel like I never left. I PLAN to SLEEP IN, on Sunday......do keep up.... Hopefully it will work out. Getting out of bed when it is cold and dark is just not fun. Missing summer already.

HUGS and SMILES till next time.............................


2 comments:

  1. Luck has been wished. You went back to work! That's awesome! You totally couldn't have left early, good call there. Maybe schools have to make a big deal about minor injuries because of litigation fears if they didn't. And that feeling of longing for the day off after a ton of time off is totally natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you........I need all the luck I can get at the moment.
    I think school do over react for exactly the reasons you state. What a world we live in. In our day you almost had to be dead to get sent home! lol

    I am so worn out, just after one day. So out of practice, and shape! I have only just settled the boys into bed. They decided to become extra hypo right on bed time! KIDS!

    It is 9.30 pm here now. An hour past bed time. Cheeky buggers!

    Now I will try and locate my kitchen bench under all those dishes, and have a long hot cuppa.

    Bed early for me tonight I think!

    Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment. It's nice to know I am not just talking to myself! lol

    Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete