Tuesday 25 September 2012

What am I going to do??



It has been one of those days. I have a huge dilemma.

I have been offered new hours at work. In fact I have been offer two sets of hours. Problem is both hours totally and dramatically impact on my family.

Set 1: Means I have to get the boys up and ready to be at school by 7.15am.
Set 2: Means my husband can't work his hours and we loose what little money we earn.

Set 1: Means childcare fees we can't afford.
Set 2: Mean drastic loss of income, can't pay rent, starve.

Also child 3 has health issues. He has just been diagnosed with ADD & Dyslexia. He can not cope with changes of routine. He behaves better when I spend time with him in the classroom of a morning, and settle him in. Something I have mentioned to my boss. His teacher relies on me to do this as she has a better day with him, and she can not spend that kind of one on one time with him that he needs. It is important that he gets the help he needs now that he is young, so that we don't have bigger issues later.

Of course this isn't works problem. It is our problem. Hubby is very annoyed, as they know our situation. I am turning myself inside out, as I want to do the right thing by everyone.

To top it off our stove exploded. Yes it LITERALLY exploded this afternoon. So no hot plates or oven. Completely broken. Bits of hot plate missing. Can't cook a bloody thing. Hubby was mid way through dinner, and BANG, white light and all. He had to get the BBQ out to finish cooking the pasta and sauce he was making. This was the sight that I was confronted with when I got home. Hubby with the BBQ, in the backyard, with two pots on, cooking our dinner. It was a funny sight. 

This would happen after hours too, and the agent had long gone home. So tomorrow, I have had to cancel my girl lunch, (something that I don't get to do often) with my dearest oldest friend, to chase up a new stove, and go down to the school to see if they can even accommodate my two boys in care, and what that would cost us? Not my idea of a good day off. Nothing seems to ever be simple.

Now would be a good time for that lotto win. Not asking for much. Just enough to buy our own home, and not have to rely on me to work as much so I can be here for my boys while they need me.

Send positive thoughts my way. I need them. I am going to have the battle this one out, and I hate being a pain in the butt. But I can't do this to my family, and according to work, they can't give me any other hours. So the future looks a bit scary tonight.



2 comments:

  1. If it's not one thing it's always another....and when it rains it pours.

    I'm confused. From reading about your stove it seems that you may be renting rather than buying your home. If that's so, why should it be your responsibility to get a new stove rather than the person you rent from?

    Positive thoughts and best wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Don we rent our home, and thankfully the stove is not going to be our problem. However today we had take away for dinner. The agent sent out a repair man and he got the three remaining hot plates working again, and is recommending that they replace the whole thing. He has never seen a hot plate do that before. He took the damaged one away to show the agent. ^_^

    Hopefully the the stove will be sorted soon. I am not too worried about that.

    I have looked into the boys before school care too and it is just not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete