Monday 3 September 2012

Spring is in the air!

The sun is shining, the sun is shining , the sun is shining!!!!! 


I had started to wonder if I was ever going to see it again!


It has been a very long cold winter. Wet, damp, dark, and just COLD!!!! It just seemed to go on, and on, and on. The guy on the radio said that for us South Australians at least, it has been the coldest winter in about 100 years. So much for 'Global Warming'! We have also been sick, much more so than in previous years. They put that down to all that staying inside and not getting out, not enough fresh air, and sharing our wonderful germs. Oh and the amount of people still going into work while sick, and spreading their viruses like wild fire. Unfortunately some people do not have the luxury of stable jobs, and can't afford to take the time off they need to get better. Such is the world we live in!

But today is WARM and SUNNY. My bones are just singing, and my skin feels alive, and like a sunflower, I feel my body turning and twisting to just follow that great big yellow ball in the sky. It feels WONDERFUL!



BUT YESTERDAY, was another story..............


The 'Great Migration' happened yesterday. Child 1 swapped bedrooms with Child 2 & 3. The boys room was too small for both of them. They were cramped up with no room to move. Child 1 had too much room, and used it mainly has floor closet. So now that the boys are bigger, and less likely to climb out the window to go on wild adventures, we all decided that it was time. Although I had suggested that this particular day may not be a such a good idea. 

The house was in a state, and after much assurance that I wouldn't have to do a thing, I found myself in there  cleaning and fussing, and getting all frustrated.

It was Father's Day here yesterday too, and poor hubby was trying to sleep as he did an epic 9 hour heavy labouring shift Saturday night. The boys went next door to play for a few hours which helped  out with the big shifting, as they were not under foot, trying to help. (More like going through everything and getting in the way!)

I left Child 1 and boyfriend home to get started and I went shopping, as I decided that Spaghetti and Meat Balls would go down well for dinner, and I wanted to buy hubby some of his favourite deserts for afterwards. He is a great dad, and loving husband, and he, in my opinion deserves desert! I also took advantage of the sunshine and washed 2 loads of washing, and it all went outside on the line! I know it is such a small thing, but you have no idea how good it felt to hang washing out, on the line, OUTSIDE in the SUN! I really need to get out more! lol

But it wasn't long before Hubby was up, and feeling poorly, and the boys were back, and still the bedrooms looked no where near ready, and our kitchen had beds parts, and mattresses in it, along with bags and bags of things to be thrown out. I had dinner cooking, dishes partly done, and two boys getting in every ones way.

So I decided in all my wisdom to speed things along and help out. This on reflection was both good and bad. I can be a little fussy, I like things done well. I mean if you  are going to do something, don't do it half arsed. I am a Virgo, so sue me!

Well Child 1 was more than happy to stop, and leave a heap of mess in middle of the room, and empty all the draws another day, and leave all the trail of rubbish and odd bits in the hall, and let's not go into her room...it looks pretty much as it always did, just in a new location. But I wasn't having the boys room like that, where I would have to hop over things and slide sideways, and most likely have an accident. I wanted it sorted. So I got rubbish bags and started barking orders, and I swept, and cleaned the windows, and re-arranged the cupboards as Child 1 just threw clothes all together, two boys, different cupboards, crazy idea I know.

By the time that was done to an OK standard, at least the floor is clear, clothes are away, and the beds are made, I started on cooking the pasta. The boys were playing in their new room and going through all of the remaining things on/in desk left by child 1. This was causing no end of stress to her, and the yelling , and fighting started, and I was dragged in. 

I wanted Hubby to have a nice day. I was turning myself inside out to make sure he was going to relaxed, and the kids were spoiling my plans. I was failing miserably. 

(Oh and I best mention that  I had been awake for 23 hours the day before, I know so very silly of me.... so my morning high was turning into a dark storm)

Finally dinner ready, and I realise I forgot to cook the garlic bread, so garlic bread in oven, and set  Spaghetti and Meat Balls left on warm, back to throwing out rubbish, which child 2 was asked to take out to bins about 100 times.

Now all sat at table, and Child 3 decides now is the best time to act the fool, and be naughty, causing Hubby to get stern and cross, and I am churning inside. Tick, tick, tick......like a time bomb just waiting to explode. This is not how I wanted 'Father's Day Dinner' to go.

Dinner done, and Child 1 and boyfriend just clear off, I think they are sorting out her room, but they are watching some show on lap-top. I turn and face the kitchen,  and the over-flowing bins, the dishes stacked high, and the boys refusing to get in the shower. The time is getting late, and I have still much to do, and I just LOST the PLOT!

I started ranting, and raving, and yelling, and just totally feeling tired, and overwhelmed  and fed up with the noise. Hubby wanted to chat, and I wanted to chat too, and just be with him, but I just couldn't stand the chaos around me anymore, and I was taking back my kitchen!

Hubby now a little pissed at me for yelling, got up and started the dishes. I was feeling very guilty, as I didn't want him to do anything, but super grateful for the help, as it left me free to sweep, and clear the table, and pack the boys lunches for today, and get their school uniforms ready, and get them ready for bed.

I know one asked me to be this super woman, and pitch in and help on my only day off. I chose to do it, me, myself. But I didn't want to wake up today and have my house looking like a war zone, knowing I would be working, and Child 1 will be working, and the mess would just grow and grow and get too much to handle for me over the next few days! The thought of it was just fueling the flames. I wanted a relaxed day with my man, not a day of tired moody kids, and MESS!

Once all was done, I was calm and relaxed again. Cup of tea in hand, and boys in bed, but still excited and chatting, and it's well past bed time. I drove the boyfriend home, and then flopped on lounge for the first time today and enjoyed watching the final of TRUE BLOOD. Nothing like a dose of Eric to make me smile.

So with that bit of spring cleaning out the way, I can now enjoy the sun, and the peace of a quiet house, until I head into work and deal with all the happy (I can only hope and put it out there) people.




I was imagining that my day was going to be like this...........








But instead it was like this............







Thank goodness my Women's Essence arrived to day, as my hormones are all over the shop. Hubby will be happy. 

Have a great day and enjoy the SUN     ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I ended up dragging all over the local shopping centre because hubby needed new pants to take away. Nothing like a bit of last minute shopping.
    Fathers day has become a bit of a non event as lately the boys aren't out of bed until hours after we get busy for the day.
    At least we got o have take out pizza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza would have made things simple. Hubby isn't one to get all fussed about days like this. He really doesn't care. I am the opposite. I like to fuss, and I like to make people feel special, and I like to feel special too. So I always try and treat people the way I would like to be treated.

      So having totally lost it at the end of the night really made me feel bad about ruining his non day. I really must learn to ask for what I need and not let things pile up, and then get to me. I also need to learn to say NO, more often. ^_^

      Back on my happy drops now, so things should settle down. I already feel more in control. It has been a pretty bad week. Full moon I guess. People have been pretty grumpy. I hope this week, and the sunshine make it all better.

      Tomorrow's a big day for you. Have fun. xxx

      Delete