Tuesday 4 September 2012

A poem.





What does it take to be happy?
For me, it really isn't much.
For all I need is love and laughter;
and a gentle touch.

For life must always be balanced;
the perfect yin and yang.
To form the perfect circle;
And ground me on my path.

Without the constant balance,
my mind becomes too stuck.
I seek only your attention,
I want only of your touch.

My inner voice starts to taunt me.
Speaking lies within the truths.
It leaves me feeling weary,
It drains me of my youth.

When you sit so close to me,
Sometimes you are still so far away.
I want to bring you closer;
But you don't want to play.

I hunger for that balance.
That space that brings me peace.
I seek love and laughter;
There's enough misery and grief.

Sometimes I feel so lonely,
As if you are a millions miles away.
So caught up in the madness;
It takes you far away.

I catch a glimpse sometimes
of that person I know so well.
I wonder if they notice;
That the balance has gone to hell?

Why am I so conflicted?
Why am I so frustrated?
It isn't very hard,
nor is it complicated.

I am like a flower,
I grow and blossom in the sun.
If you don't tend to my garden;
then the weeds will come.

So please take time to balance,
to make the yin and yang.
For very positive there's a negative,
For very good a bad.

If we remain lopsided,
the battle is almost lost.
They have taken so much of this world;
So much at such a cost.

I don't need fancy riches,
I don't need fine clothes.
All I need is you to be there,
In total mind and soul.

Make time for the world,
it ticks on without a stop;
With love we can fight all demons;
It's is love that they have not.

I shall not beg for your affections,
rejection hurts too much.
I just will sit here waiting,
for the balance to catch up.

It is because I know you;
that my love does not waver.
I am yours always;
So please do me a favour.

Remember to keep a balance,
don't let the bastards win.
Keep the garden tended,
for then the sun shall spin.

All this world needs is love and kindness;
is that not what the good book says?
To care, and love your temple,
is good for your health.

So let me walk beside you,
and share in all your talks.
Then come and hold me closer,
for I fear sometimes I am lost.


What does it take to be happy?
For me, it really isn't much.
For all I need is love and laughter;
and a gentle touch.





No comments:

Post a Comment