Thursday 16 August 2012




Have you ever watched children at play?

I love listening to their little babbling, and on going story telling. They are so free, so innocent, and so full of wonder. Somewhere along the time line of life we seem to loose this wonderment of life. It’s sad really, when you really think about it. Maybe that is why when I hear children laughing and giggling, and getting so excited over something so small, it makes me smile, and maybe if I am honest, a little nostalgic for a more simple time of my life.


We get so bogged down with work, and paying bills and dishes and washing. Shopping, and school runs, homework and bath times, and bedtime stories. You are bogged down with life, yours and everyone else’s. You  are the mother first, the wife second, the friend third, and then YOU last.

You wake up one day and your 40! Bloody hell when did that happen? Suddenly you can’t get up off the floor anymore without a little groan. Your body is starting to fall apart; the middle of you is growing progressively sideways. Your back gives out at the slightest cough, and you are so tired all the time. Your uterus decides it’s time to be prolapsed. It truly isn't fair. You want to do so much, but there is never any time. You wonder if your husband still finds you attractive, it still is you, but you don’t look like you did 20 years ago? That girl is trapped inside you, still there, but only you can see her. Grey hair now a constant invader of your hair line and colouring it is now for matching how you feel your age should be, and not just for a colour change.

Occasionally you get to surprise your inner child. A walk along the sand, the waves lapping between your toes and you feel in that moment totally free and happy. The promise you make to yourself that you will not leave it so long next time, but we all know you will. You cherish the little things. The little moments of time you now collect as a sort of living memory diary. The morning when your hubby turns and holds you so tight, not wanting to let you go, and you utterly love it, and no matter how much you need to pee, you don’t move, as you can’t let this bubble of time, this magic moment, a blissful spell break, through fear it may never come again. The inner woman screaming he does love me! She gets so annoying at times with her foot tapping and scolding. Sometimes I wish I could just tune her right out.

That inner voice that is forever chatting to me, telling me what I should be doing, shouldn’t be doing. Constantly making me self doubt and question. Is it no wonder I am so tired all the time? She is exhausting. When did she turn up anyway?

So embrace the inner you, the child within, and just enjoy the moment for what it is. Allow yourself to giggle, and tell that person in your life, the one your life would be sad without, just how much you love them. Those three little words I LOVE YOU, are the strongest.

Have a great day, from me to you. ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Criss,

    I've enjoyed, thanks to Mynx, reading your blog posts for a few days now, and I enjoy them. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one of the reasons I love my painting. I can just get messy, paint all over my hands, turn up the music and sing, sometimes dance and just have fun.
    I think we all just have to some being everything for everybody all the time and just do something fun for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Mynx. Embrace that inner child and let them run free!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a compliment, Thank you. I am very grateful to Mynx for all the encouragement and the plug. She is an amazing woman. ^_^

    This is new territory for me. I am very much enjoying my new voice.

    I hope that someone will find the things I say interesting and maybe somewhat fun?? If I can make you smile, then I have at least achieved one small act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete